So, I went to the Rejoice games tonight, since it was senior
night. The guys’ game (they lost) went
into quadruple overtime. During overtime
#2, I all of the sudden felt a prompting to look to my right, way right. I saw two of my youth girls. I had invited another of my girls (who is also a
Rejoice senior BUT hasn’t been to ONE game this season) to come and hang with
me. We had a great time and great discussion
earlier, but that’s not what this post is about…she left at halftime of the boys' game.
Ok, so I keep looking over there at these two young ladies……then, leaving
Connie and Derk and Montana and Lisette and my boys and everyone else I was
sitting with, I went over to them. OH MY
GOODNESS!!!!!!!! After many, many
minutes of talking (again it went into 4 overtimes), we started
talking about girl #1's 18th b-day on Sunday, how the other one was going
to take her clubbing. Girl #2 jokingly
said, “you should come with us.” I told
her I would love to chaperone!!! She
said, “you would never go into a club.”
I said, “girl, I’ve been in Vegas for a week!” Haha! Girl #1 (a devoted lover of Jesus) made some comment about how I had been
a wild child back in the day. Girl #2 was
SHOCKED. She said to me, “how wild?” I told her I got kicked out of my sorority my
freshman year for drinking too much. She
started asking questions… then, I started telling her my story….how in my senior
year of high school I broke up with an abusive/possessive boyfriend and became
a wild child. She just kept asking me
more and more questions. She asked how I
finally “became good”…I corrected her and told her that I came to know Jesus
between my freshman and sophomore year in college.
Remember…a basketball game is going on all during this, so
we were repeatedly interrupted. However,
she KEPT asking me more questions. I
gave my whole testimony to her...even how God has blessed me with an amazing
marriage, despite the mistakes I had made in the past regarding purity. At one point, while she was talking to
someone else, girl #1 told me she was SO glad this had all come up, that she
thinks girl #2 needs to hear this all SO badly.
So, the game ENDED and I thought we were done!!! After the cheering died down, girl #2 actually
asked me to keep talking. I reminded her
that she owed me Taco Bueno and that we will talk SOON (I bought her a devotion
book back in November and she told me that she HATES gifts so she’ll treat me
to Bueno). She said we’ll talk soon!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! The Holy
Spirit and His promptings are awesome. I
left there feeling like that game went into quadruple overtime because kingdom
work was being accomplished. Now, I can
almost envision angels on the court! J
So, please be praying that this conversation will continue
SOON!
Once again….WOOHOO!!!! J





0 your thoughts:
Post a Comment